Family and Friends,
It’s been a really great week here!
It is actually snowing right now for the first time this year, and it’s
awesome! I don't know how cold it’s getting back there, but man, it’s cold
here! But I didn't expect anything different so it's all good:)
My Norwegian is getting better and I
am able to talk a little bit more with investigators and members, which feels
really REALLY nice. Most of the time I’m just way awkward and don’t say much,
but I've been doing better! The Lord
DEFINITELY is helping me, and I can feel it big time.
The members here in Drammen are so
awesome. The ward here is actually pretty big, and we barely have enough room
in the church, so it's awesome. I never realized how important members were to
missionary work. It’s hard to even explain how important they are! Really
important! Probably why the church has focused so much on members and
missionaries working together:) So when I hear " The greatest generation
of missionaries", I think of the full time missionaries, but I also
include the members! Because without members doing their part, missionary work
wouldn't be nearly as strong.
As for people we see in the streets
and stuff, man Norwegians are so grumpy sometimes! They think it’s so weird
when people they don't know try and talk to them or something. Like we when try
and talk to someone that is walking by; they look up and just look so surprised
that someone is actually trying to talk to them. So they will either just say
no or they won’t even look up at us and just keep walking. So, rude... haha it’s
funny though. Sometimes I’m just like, “come on, you live in the most beautiful
place in the world, why you gotta be so grumpy!” haha
We have had a lot of progress with
some of our investigators, and some really neat experiences. The family that we
have been working with just takes in everything we teach them. We were just
teaching the parents and the two younger kids, but now the 20 year old daughter
comes to the lessons and the whole family came to church! But they really just
take in everything we say. We taught them about the word of wisdom this week,
and we knew they drank coffee and tea and stuff, so we were a little worried
how they would react to that, but when we mentioned that we don't drink that
stuff it didn't even phase them. They just kept nodding their heads. They
didn't even ask why! And then they just told us why they think it’s so
important that we keep our bodies clean. So ya, it was a pretty awesome lesson;
and they couldn't have been more prepared by The Lord.
We have been doing a ton of service
stuff lately. I feel like every single person we know is moving! haha so we
have been helping move a lot of stuff, so that’s been good. And then there is
this one family who decided to tear down their whole vacation house to build a
new one, but they are doing it pretty much all by themselves. The tearing down
part at least. So we got there and there was just a huge pile of wood. And for
the next 5 hours we were just loading up wood into a trailer and then unloading
it at some recycling place. So that was fun haha. Norwegians are so strict
about recycling though. We have like 5 different garbage cans in our apartment
that we have to sort our garbage into.
Missionary work here in Drammen is
going crazy right now. We have been noticing so many small, and big miracles
happening. Whether it’s just being led to a random house to knock on or an
investigator progressing a lot, or receiving an awesome referral from a member,
miracles are happening all over the place. My companion just keeps telling me
how spoiled I am, ‘cause this is the best "success" he's seen on his
mission, or even heard of on his mission. And I know it’s not because of us
haha the Lord is just preparing so many people. The work is hastening, that’s
for sure!
It's awesome that I get to be a full
time missionary right now, and I feel so privileged, but really we are ALL a part
of it, and we are all blessed and privileged to be missionaries right now! At
least that’s how I look at it:) a Its
exciting!
That’s all for this week
Love you all!
Elder Nilsson
Oh and P.S.
The northern lights were BLAZING
over Drammen a few nights ago!!!! Too bad they started about 15 minutes after
we went to bed.... I am really, really upset about it. And I probably will be
until I see them... anyways, here's some pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment