Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2

Hello! Happy holiday season!

Definitely is the best time of the year. Even here in Norway. I'm loving it! I'm just hoping it snows really soon. The holidays aren't complete without a little snow.

We had a really great thanksgiving week this last week! We had a dinner with members almost every day, and three of them were thanksgiving dinners! Only one of them was an actual real thanksgiving dinner, meaning it had rolls and stuffing and turkey and pie and all of that good stuff:) I'll send pictures probably next week! Right after our last thanksgiving dinner, we all went over to the church for the Annual Stake Christmas Concert. It was so sweet. They had a stake choir and orchestra playing, and just did a bunch of Christmas songs..

Speaking of Christmas concerts, do you remember when we went to the Mo Tab Christmas concert and Sissel sang with them!? Aub? Jace? You guys remember that? Well she is totally from Norway! And we have the concert DVD, and we watch it all the time in our apartment:) and I love her haha She is the bomb. Also, one of the members gave us a fake cChristmas tree with a bunch of lights and ornaments, so I'm pretty pumped about that:)
Not much to report on any investigators. The wedding for the Jonas family is this Saturday!! And then the Baptism is next week! They are still doing so good. We still go and visit them like 2 times a week, but we are running out of things to teach them! They were totally prepared to get baptized like 6 weeks ago, so now they are just unbelievably ready. Everyone just acts like they are already members, which they pretty much are, just not officially yet.

This ward here is incredible. I never would have thought that a ward in Norway could be so good. I'd say it competes with any ward anywhere. The leadership is incredibly strong, and the members are the nicest people ever. I don't really ever want to leave haha.

Don't have a lot of time this week to write this week. We are driving down to Oslo for P-day today, so I will have a lot of pictures next week probably! Thanks for the emails! Love you all!
Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment