Monday, November 25, 2013

Nov 25

Kjære alle sammen,


Happy thanksgiving week! This is my favorite time of the year, and we all have so much to be thankful for! Even though they don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here, the members still know we are used to Thanksgiving dinners, so we actually have 4 Thanksgiving dinners lined up for this week:) It's going to be intense! Usually, I try to watch my weight, but I don't even care this week, I'm going all out ;)

Man I love the holiday season! I'll probably get a little homesick, but that's ok, we are still going to have a great time out here:) We started decorating our apartment with Christmas decorations and stuff, so that has been fun. Also in the town square, I guess you could call it, they put in this huuuge Christmas tree, and some lights up and all the other trees, and they are putting in an ice skating rink! I don't know why, but it all just gets me pumped haha. Christmas is in the air here :) 

We had kind of a slow and rough week as far as teaching and finding new people. We have been focusing a ton on the Jonas family making sure they are still ready for baptism and stuff, and there are no issues there. They are amazing. We go play soccer about once a week with Walter and Carlos, who are 8 and 12, and that's always fun. Plus I'm getting to the point where I can semi communicate with kids in Norwegian! 

The houses are weird here. Most houses have their front door on the backside of there house. And there is usually two people living there. Someone on the top floor and someone on the bottom, so there is always a few doorbells at each door haha it's kind of weird.

We live in an apartment, and we live under two other people, Harold and Arne. They are the coolest people ever, and they loooooove the missionaries. They aren't members and don't have any desire to be, but they treat all the missionaries that live under them like we are their own kids. They are so nice. And they bought two computers for the missionaries and put them in the garage, and that's what we use to email every week:)

Elder Weaver is really cool. We get a long really well, and haven't had any problems. He's from California, loves to surf, snowboard, and skateboard, also played basketball and soccer in high school, and has a similar sense of humor! He went to BYU for a year and will be going back there when he gets home:) Really cool guy and is a lot better at Norwegian than some of the other Elders that have been out that long, so it's been really nice to get help from him.

Nothing much else really to report for this week. We are kind of expecting things to be slow during December just because people will probably want to take breaks for Christmas and stuff like that.. But we're still going to try! Even if it is freezing cold. It's been about -10 degrees Celsius this whole week. Nothing that we didn't see in Utah, but still freezing. The thing that makes it bad is we get some reaaaally cold wind to go with it.. But nothing to extreme yet:)

Hope everyone takes this week to really remember how blessed we are. I'm so grateful for all of my family and friends and for the support I have. I'm so grateful that I can be out here in Norway doing the Lord's work as a missionary. Every single thing I have is because of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and there is no way any of us will ever be able to fully repay them, but we can still try our best! One thing that me and Elder Weaver have been trying to do lately is showing our thanks to Heavenly Father, not just saying thanks, which is still very important. But I know that if we say a prayer of thanks, and also ask Heavenly Father for opportunities to SHOW our thanks to Him, then we will receive them. Keep your eyes open! There's a lot of different ways to do it, but just try it! 
Again I'm grateful for Heavenly Father and for my Savior Jesus Christ. They are the source of all blessings:) The church is true!

Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment