First I will just say that the computers we use here in Oslo are pretty dang slow, so it's hard to respond to some of the emails I
get from people because it just gets frustrating.. And we have also
been going out to do stuff on P days so I don't have nearly as much
time to write as I used to.. So I apologize if I don't write back
right away.. On the bright side, I get to go play tennis today!! So
get this. The Sister Missionaries here, (one of which is Sister
Frampton, who I was pretty much one of my companions in the mtc), just barely taught and baptized a guy from Pakistan, who is a professional cricket player, and they are also teaching a Lithuanian woman who won the Lithuanian tennis championship, and has played on the pro tour! And she invited us to all go play tennis with her today:) So I'm way stoked!
Us with the Lithuanian national champion! I got to play doubles against her. She's pretty good.. haha it was legit!
Also have been able to play ping pong a few times this week. Even though some guy from Ghana that I had never met before came in a dominated me, it was still fun.
This week was pretty good. I love it here! So many people, so many
members, and so many opportunities! We had a lot of our appointments get cancelled at the last second. Well, all of them actually. haha and we haven't been able to get a hold of a lot of people.. But! We did have some bright moments. We went to try back this lady that the other Elder's met while knocking doors a few weeks ago, and she answered and we ended up talking to her for about 30 minutes on the doorstep! She said that she works for Nuskin, and has been to Utah a few times, and the owners of Nuskin are Mormon and she just loves them! She doesn't feel like there is really a need for God in her life though, since she already has it so good. Typical. But, she said she would start reading the Book of Mormon and that we could come back. Her name is Astrid,
and she has a lot of potential!
This weekend was pretty exciting. Since the ward in Oslo is so unique and has over 50 nationalities in it, we had a huge multi cultural party! There was a TON of food, and all different kinds of people! I think it is safe to say that the Norwegians were pretty outnumbered. It was awesome.
And then right after the party, was the baptism for Kashim the cricket player. I love baptisms! Our mission goal is 157 for this year. It's a pretty big goal, considering that we only got 66 last year, and we are off to a pretty slow start since we only have about 9 so far this year.. But 157 is still our goal. And we are going to reach it:)
The weather has been SO nice the last couple of days! Warm and sunny! It felt like a nice spring day:) Still a little chill in the air, but
it felt soo good! There is absolutely no snow here, and it is starting
to get really nice. I can't wait for summer!
I love you all. It's sad to hear about Grandpa Haws.
He was such a great example to everyone, and I love him! and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation. My prayers and thoughts are with the entire family.
Have a great week! The church is true!
Elder Nilsson
Out in the fields
Me
and Boris! He is a foreign exchange student from Hong Kong that the
Missionaries have taught a few times! He is the coolest guy ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment