We had some really nice weather this last week, which actually made me kind of grateful that I serve in a cold mission. Walking around in Sunday clothes all day in hot weather and getting all sweaty is the worst! It wasn't even that hot either haha. For some reason I have just been getting really excited for Christmas. Bring on the cold! ;)
Well this week consisted of a lot of knocking doors and street contacting. We met up with Johan on Tuesday,
and despite the strong spirit which he had felt during our meetings, he
wasn't really willing to do anything with it or learn more, so he kind
of closed the door on it. But I think a strong seed was planting, and
one day in the future it will grow. He's a nice and sincere man and will
find his way back to the gospel:)
We were supposed to meet with the family from Eritrea this week but had to cancel, but on Saturday night we went and stopped by their house to see how they were doing and had a nice talk with them. We also got the number of the 16 year old son and agreed that we were going to play some soccer this week! So I'm really looking forward to that:)
We were supposed to meet with the family from Eritrea this week but had to cancel, but on Saturday night we went and stopped by their house to see how they were doing and had a nice talk with them. We also got the number of the 16 year old son and agreed that we were going to play some soccer this week! So I'm really looking forward to that:)
Church yesterday was just us and Robert, and I gave a little talk,
we sang some hymns, had the sacrament, and watched Elder Bednar's most
recent talk. Robert is going to Germany next week, so it might just be
us for a couple of weeks! But we'll see!
We will be doing a little bit
of traveling too in the coming weeks. On Wednesday we are flying down to Bergen for a Training by the AP's on Thursday, and then next Tuesday
we are going down to Ålesund, which is about a 4 hour bus ride, for a
baptism! They don't have enough priesthood holders there, so they need
us to go down. We will being taking the bus back to Ålesund again next Sunday for the confirmation. Transfers are next week too! So there should be some sort of excited news from that!
Maybe my favorite moment of the week happened
yesterday. Last night we had a long knocking session, and we had been
out for a couple of hours and had gotten nothing. It was rough, and I
was feeling a little discouraged. Then, our phone rang, and Robert was
calling! We talk to him every single day, and he loves to talk! So I
answered, and he said in his hard to understand Norwegian that he just
felt like he should call us and tell us to keep going. And then he gave
the best motivational talk I've ever heard!
He was just telling us how
he just wanted to call us and just say how much the church means to him
and then he promised that he would do better to invite people to church
and share the Gospel. This is coming from the man that invites EVERYONE
to church. And then he just told me that he knows it's hard here but
that we can never give up, because the Gospel means too much.
It's hard
to describe the phone call in a way that does it justice, but it was one
of the most humbling moments of my mission. I love Robert so much, and
it made me want to be so much better and dedicate myself so much more to
this work and to the Gospel, because as Robert said, "It means way too
much!"
Robert is such a good example of humility, dedication, and commitment, and I hope to be as good as him some day! It was just what I needed after a difficult night of knocking, and a pretty slow week. I know that God answers our prayers through other people. I hope we are all praying for opportunities to be answers to others' prayers so that we can help people just like Robert helped me last night!
Robert is such a good example of humility, dedication, and commitment, and I hope to be as good as him some day! It was just what I needed after a difficult night of knocking, and a pretty slow week. I know that God answers our prayers through other people. I hope we are all praying for opportunities to be answers to others' prayers so that we can help people just like Robert helped me last night!
I love you all very much! The church is true!
Elder Nilsson
The cathedral in Trondheim!
It's so detailed and old, it was amazing.
fishing trip with Robert!
Robert's Burmese food.....
Lunch with Robert!
(write your own caption....)
Eldste Nilsson & Eldste Skøein,
Her kommer bilder av oss som vi tok sammen med Eldste Bradford i Kirke.
Vennligst åpen vedlagt fil for å se på det.
Med beste hilsen,
Robert.
(Google Translation)
Oldest Oldest Nilsson & Skøein,
Here are pictures of us as we took along with Elder Bradford in the Church.
Please open the attached file to view it.
With best regards,
Robert.
Here are pictures of us as we took along with Elder Bradford in the Church.
Please open the attached file to view it.
With best regards,
Robert.

No comments:
Post a Comment