Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21


                Happy 24th of July week everyone


            from warm and sunny Kristiansund! 
 (Disclaimer: McKay didn't send any pictures so his mom added all these pics off the internet...haha)
We've had a couple days here recently where I have walked outside and been like, "wow, this actually almost feels like it could be summer!" But we never get that ridiculously hot 90-100 degree weather like back in Utah. But, it is a lot more humid here, so that makes it feel pretty warm sometimes.. But like I said before, bring on winter:) 

I am staying in Kristiansund for at least another transfer, but I'm getting a new companion! My current companion is on his way to Arendal, the place where Frozen takes place,
and my new companion is Elder Vause! He is from somewhere in Utah and has been out about as long as I have, so I'm way pumped!

         Earlier this week we got to fly to Bergen
for a big training meeting where we just focused on our missionary skills all day and practiced and practiced and practiced. It was really long, but very helpful and I learned a ton! President Evans was there and said that he was trying to make it possible for the whole mission to go and be there for when Elder Bednar comes, so there is still hope that I'll get to see him! 
We spent a ton of time trying to keep finding this week. We found some potentials, but we'll found out this week how it plays out. Church was just us, Robert, and his friend Stein who was the guy we had the baptismal date with. He is UNBELIEVABLY quiet. haha it's impossible to know what he is thinking. But he did let us teach him another lesson afterwards, so we taught him the plan of salvation.
He would still just give us one word answers if we asked him questions. It seems like he really is interested in learning more, and he has been reading in the Book of Mormon and he likes coming to church. And get this, we got him to say the prayer at the end of the lesson!! I didn't think there was any way he would do it, but we invited him anyways and he gave a prayer, short and sweet:) It was awesome haha. But Robert is leaving this week for Germany to visit his wife and little kid who live there so It's going to be hard to get in contact with Stein since he never answers us.. But it was good to teach him again. 

On Saturday we played a little soccer with some kids from Eritrea! I'm so out of shape it's ridiculous. I do my 30 minutes of exercise in the mornings, but that just doesn't keep you in any kind of good shape to play sports and run around like I used to. But it was still way fun and the kids were cool. Two of them are in the family that we are teaching and they said they would come to church next week, so that was good!

We are taking the four hour bus ride down to Ålesund tomorrow for a baptism in the fjord!
There is only one priesthood holder down there in that branch so they needed us to go and be the witnesses. It should be fun:)

Good luck everyone in your missionary efforts this week! Always remember to pray for opportunities, and just be bold and courageous and be like Robert! I love you all!

Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment