Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Aug 18

HUMP DAY!!!

As weird as it feels to think about it, Thursday is the 21st of August. Yes, the same day I entered the MTC a year ago. I'd just like to thank all of my fans and readers, family, pets, and all others who have made this year what it has been. It's been one for the books! Besides all of the weddings, new babies, and stuff like that back home, it's also been a pretty good year for me over here in Norway. I've loved it and learned quite a bit:) And looking forward to the year ahead! It's going to be insane!

This week maybe wasn't as exciting as last week, but it was still good. We were able to find some new potential investigators, who I'm sure you will be hearing more about as they turn into investigators and baptisms:)

A good chunk of this week was spent in Bergen! We flew to Bergen Wednesday morning and had P-day there. Bergen is beautiful.
We hiked up one of the seven peaks in the city and got a pretty awesome view! It's always fun to see all of the missionaries and talk with them, especially when we are isolated on our little island most of the time:) But we will probably be traveling quite a bit in the next few weeks! We also got word today that we will most likely be there at the conference when Elder Bednar comes in a few weeks!!!! I am pretty happy about that:)

On Thursday we had the conference with Elder Dyches from the Area presidency. It was awesome! He talked a little bit about how we can become people who act, instead of things that are acted upon. It was super interesting and I got a ton of insights that I had never thought of before! The phrase we used throughout the day was "control your own weather". 
 
Weather is something that we can't control, but when we let the "weather" of our lives determine our attitude and thoughts, then we are just things that are being acted upon. We need to "control our own weather!" Meaning take control of the things we can control, and don't let things that we can't control determine the things we can control. Think about that!  :) 
 
A great example of this is when the Savior teaches us to "Turn the other cheek". When we do that, we stay in control, and are agents that act, instead of something being acted upon. Hopefully that makes sense in someone else's head the same way it did in mine! If not, just know that it was cool and that a general authority said it:)
We should have had an all time high of 8 people in church yesterday, but there ended up only being 5. It was still a good meeting though, and we had our first Sunday School class, which is going to be an awesome thing for investigators. I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting, and Elder Vause taught Sunday School. And we'll probably just switch every week, and soon try and get the members involved:)
Anway, I love you all and hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Nilsson

Some beautiful Norwegian trolls and stuff :)


Elder Vause likes to cook.




                             So now we cook:)



No comments:

Post a Comment