Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug 25

Well, I've made it past the year mark and so I guess it's just all down hill from here...
hahah jk this year is going to be UNREAL. Just wait:) 

I think I'm going to tell President Evans that I can't leave here until there is a branch. It's so close and it's going to happen!
We had 8 people in church yesterday! That was the most we have had since I have been here. Veronika, Jan, and Wenche all came, as well as a few others. I taught a Sunday School class after our Sacrament meeting, and that also went really well! It was just us, Robert, and Wenche at that point, but it was SO good, and everyone was participating and learning new things, and Veronika already felt like a a part our little Almost-branch:) It's been hard to meet with her since she was moving to a different apartment and looking for a job, but she is all moved in now and found a job as a kindergarten teacher! So now we will be able to meet with her more. She loves everything we have been teaching and is on her way:)

We also had a lesson with Jan. We finished teaching him the Plan of Salvation, and he really liked it! I believe that he already knows the church is true, but he doesn't want to make any quick decisions and wants a lot of time to really think about it. But he is making a lot of progress, and is just a really nice guy with great faith.

Earlier this week I was able to go on splits with Elder Childs, who is one of the HUGE guys that played on American Forks basketball team. It was way fun and we had a good time chatting about high school basketball and stuff haha. 

It's hard to describe, but I just feel so happy right now being a missionary. I've probably never missed the fam more in my entire life, but I just love it here so much! Elder Vause and I have a lot of fun and are just really enjoying the special work we are able to do here in Kristiansund. Makes me really sad anytime I think about having to leave one day. This week is going to be way super awesome though. We have some sweet appointments lined up, we are going to get some baptismal dates, then on the weekend we will be flying to Trondheim for a "skills workshop" with the North zone, then we'll be bussing to Ă…lesund the next day for a baptism. And then the next week.... Going to be Elder Bednar!! So that will be great:)

Love you all so much! I know this church is true! Don't be afraid to be a missionary.
If you have the desire, I promise God will help you. He has sure helped me! If you don't have the desire, I promise God will help you with that too. Just talk to Him about it!
Hope everyone has a good week:)

Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment