On Wednesday we had transfers, so I went and picked up my new companion Elder Christensen from the mission office and then we headed back to Oslo! His first day included exactly what mine did.. Ward council meeting. hahaha I remember feeling SO overwhelmed and a little discouraged after walking out of ward council meeting on my first day, so I felt a little bad for my companion. But it was kind of cool for me to think about how far I have come and that I'm at this point now where I'm fully participating and understanding the meeting, especially in a ward like Oslo:) Felt good!
What I didn't get to do on my first night that my companion did though, was attend a baptism! It was for one of the sisters investigators and was an awesome service. There was probably about 60-70 people there! A couple months ago there was a baptism in Oslo and there were about 10 people there, most of whom were missionaries. So that's some improvement from the ward.
I know I have mentioned before how most of my companions have been really different from me in personality and things like that, and this case is no different haha I think it's fun though:) Elder Christensen is from Nampa, Idaho and was pretty involved in debate. He did play a little tennis though so that was cool! Training is always an adventure:)
The work is progressing
very well here. So many people are being prepared! We went on splits
with the AP's last week and it was pretty dark and pouring rain, and
Elder Jones, the AP quoted this,
“The Standard of Truth has been
erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing;
persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny
may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and
independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every
clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes
of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work
is done” - by Joseph Smith
and we both just got so pumped!! We came home
just completely soaked, but it was a way fun night, and the spirit was
so strong, and the Lord had worked some miracles. As a part of splits,
we contacted a guy and ended up sitting down with him and teaching him
on a bench. Turns out this Norwegian guy had met missionaries like 4
years ago and has had a really rough time since. He started telling us
about how he remembered the story of Alma, and how he felt so much pain
and anguish because of his mistakes, and that he was feeling the same
way. Well, he now has a baptismal date in November! I won't take credit
for any of this since it was Elder Jones and Elder Christensen who found
him, but who cares! The Lord is preparing people and He is leading them
to the truth! Amazing!
Here's some pics from our hike last week looking over Oslo Fjord:)
No comments:
Post a Comment