It's quite unbelievable
that Thanksgiving is next week! A couple days ago during a stake choir
rehearsal, I sat down next to a Norwegian member and then we just kind
of looked at each other and were like, "You look familiar!" After talking
for a second I remembered that I helped this guy move one time when I
was in Drammen! It felt so weird talking to him and saying "oh ya I
helped you move about a year ago!". Doesn't feel like it's been that
long. But I still have plenty of time!
We had
an awesome stake conference this weekend! Elder Adler from the area 70
came, and he gave a very powerful message. I loved it because it was so
straight forward, but so filled with love. He talked about the
importance of finding joy in the Gospel. Not just finding joy, but
showing it! He talked about how so many times he has walked into a stake
conference or a sacrament meeting and everyone looks like they are like
dying, and then people talk a lot just about their problems. But he
encouraged everyone to find excitement! Come to church excited, and
focus on the JOYS of living the Gospel. That's really what it's all
about. He mentioned how the scriptures not one time mention the word
"fun". Fun is the world's word, and is different than joy. Fun doesn't
last. Joy is eternal if we follow the Gospel. You can find the word
"Joy" several times in the scriptures! There is a difference!
And it was fun to sing in the stake choir with Fredrik and Elin :)
In
the middle of the week Fredrik took us out to dinner to some Italian Restaurant, which was way good, and then we went back to the institute
center and watched the Testaments. It doesn't matter how many times I
watch that movie, it gets me every time!
We had
some awesome success out on the street this last week, and have being
able to teach quite a few lessons to people who we have stopped! I love
the feeling after walking away after a good lesson and meeting someone
new who is awesome:)
Happy Holiday seasons everyone! Enjoy it! But always remember the reason for the season.
I have been absolutely terrible with taking pictures lately, so I apologize for that, but I'll work on it!
Love you! I love Norway. I love Norwegian. The church is true.
Elder Nilsson

No comments:
Post a Comment