One thing I have learned to absolutely
love since I have been out here is listening to General Authorities
speak and instruct. Whether it's an apostle or a member of the 70, it's
so powerful, and I feel the spirit so strong each time.
Elder
Kopischke from the 70 came to our mission this week, and it will be
something I'll never forget. We learned so much about teaching, finding,
and how the spirit works. He did a lot of different conferences. He
worked with ward councils around the country, he did two different zone
conferences with missionaries, a meeting for all of the members, and a
few more.
We flew down to Bergen on Wednesday for the conference on Thursday. It went really well, and I was able to conduct without making any huge mistakes haha. For about 3 hours, all he did was take questions we had and answer them by using scriptures, personal experiences, and most importantly, the spirit. He challenged everyone to write down a few questions they had about anything, and by the end, everyone had received an answer to their questions. It was only because he created an environment of spiritual revelation by testifying, using the words of Christ, and applying principles according to our needs. It was a joy to watch and be a part of. He followed this same pattern for every single meeting he did! So that conference was special.
We flew down to Bergen on Wednesday for the conference on Thursday. It went really well, and I was able to conduct without making any huge mistakes haha. For about 3 hours, all he did was take questions we had and answer them by using scriptures, personal experiences, and most importantly, the spirit. He challenged everyone to write down a few questions they had about anything, and by the end, everyone had received an answer to their questions. It was only because he created an environment of spiritual revelation by testifying, using the words of Christ, and applying principles according to our needs. It was a joy to watch and be a part of. He followed this same pattern for every single meeting he did! So that conference was special.
My
favorite part of the week though, was when Elder Duncan and I were able
to fly down to Oslo for Mission Leadership Council. We gathered at the
mission home with the other zone leaders of the mission and sister
training leaders, and we got to have an up close and personal meeting
with Elder Kopischke. It was.. Incredible. There is no way I can explain
everything that I felt and learned, but he taught us a lot about
finding, and about how we can "find those who will receive us". It
pretty much changes how we do things in the whole mission!
So in a way, we kind of feel like Greenies again in the sense that we have changed our method of contacting and teaching by pretty much taking out all of the fluff, and in order to help us really "find those who will receive us" and make sure we are not spending to much time on those who won't. And to make it more aligned with the principles in Preach my Gospel. I'm pumped!
So in a way, we kind of feel like Greenies again in the sense that we have changed our method of contacting and teaching by pretty much taking out all of the fluff, and in order to help us really "find those who will receive us" and make sure we are not spending to much time on those who won't. And to make it more aligned with the principles in Preach my Gospel. I'm pumped!
I have a strong testimony that this
church is being led by inspired men who are very close to the Lord. If
you aren't quite as sure about that, then I encourage you to go and
listen to them! Apply what they teach! Because they teach the words of
Christ and you will have your own experiences if you put it to the test.
I love you all! Have a good week and help someone in need!
Elder Nilsson



No comments:
Post a Comment