Monday, January 5, 2015

December 29

What a special week it was! Obviously with Christmas and everything, this week was a little bit different than normal. I know in some areas in the world missionaries were probably proselyting Christmas eve and Christmas day, but here that would just be a little offensive to Norwegians, so we weren't allowed to tract or contact, so it felt like we had like 3 p days in a row, which was weird.. But I'm kind of excited to be getting back into the swing of things again. 

Christmas is celebrated on the 24th here, and they usually celebrate by having a very nice and cozy dinner with their family in the evening, typically a traditional Norwegian dish called pinekjøtt, which is really salty lamb, or Ribbe, which is Pork belly. Delicious stuff! Unfortunately, I didn't get any reindeer meat this year, but it was still delicious:) We were with a Norwegian family on the 24th and ate dinner with them, opened presents with them (they gave us some nice wool socks:)) and then watched a little Christmas movie. It was great!

On the 25th, we spent most of the day at the Glenns house. They are an American family with 4 little boys, so it was crazy and fun to play around with them and all of their toys! Maybe my favorite gift though was being able to see and talk with my amazing family:) I'm so happy everyone was able to be there! With that said, I'd like to wish a big warm welcome to the newest members of the Nilsson family, Jessica and Sophie!!! I'm glad Austin and Jessica's wedding stuff all went well, and I'm way pumped about my new niece Sophie! Congratulations you guys! The fam just keeps on growing:) I think it's almost double since I've been gone?

I think that is one of my favorite parts of being a missionary. Being able to testify about how much the Gospel has blessed my family. Everybody has different family situations and relationships, but the Gospel is given to us by God for the benefit of each and every family. No exceptions! So I love testifying and promising people with full confidence that what we have to share with them will bless their families, because I know without a doubt in my mind that it will. More than anything! 

I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ. I know that He is our Savior and that He lives now and that He knows and loves us. There is nothing more important than the relationship we have with Him. I hope that as we come into this New Year we will all be able to set and be committed to some goals about how we are going to come closer to the Savior this year. If you can't think of anything specific, might I suggest that you could make some goals for your missionary work this year? :) It doesn't have to be complicated, but I know that if we set goals and follow through with sharing the gospel, that we will come closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. I love this gospel, I don't know what I would do without it. 

I love you all! I hope 2014 was great and that 2015 will be even better! Happy New Year!

Elder Nilsson
 Christmas Eve


We made home made Crunch wrap supremes from Taco bell. They. were. Glorious.
Christ Statue. Only three of them in the world! One is Salt Lake, one in Denmark, and one is Stavanger, Norway:)

Me and Elder Duncan at an incredible Christmas breakfast with a family from Texas. We had PIONEER PANCAKES AND MAPLE SYRUP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment