Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week Four, more...More...and MORE!!!



(more...)
Hey mom :) We got up and are doing our laundry really early today, so I have some time right now to email, but I’ll be back on to email a little later today. Thank you for the package! The scripture case is great, and the brownies were HEAVEN! They weren't mushed at all. Seriously though whenever someone from my zone walked by I would just ask them if they wanted to partake of heaven, and if they said yes I’d give them a brownie, and if they said no, then they were stupid haha and everyone loved them. Especially cause each bite was a hug from you and dad:)

Like 5 days ago I started getting a cold, but then I started taking the pills exactly how you told me and it has only gotten better and now I’m pretty much fine:) I really think it is impossible to go through the MTC without getting sick though. I have been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer more than is physically possible, AND I haven't been biting my nails or anything, and I still got sick, and everyone I know has gotten a little sick at least once. I'm just glad I got it over with and hopefully won’t be sick when I go to Norway:) But just like I promised, I've taken my drugs every day this week and will continue to do so:)

I had to buy body wash this week.. I don't know why but I think we only packed one little bottle haha and then they only sold big bottles at the bookstore so I had to buy a big one. But I kept the little bottle so when I fly to Norway I can just fill that one up and keep it with me in case my luggage is delayed or something.

So, about the shoulder bag… I think it would be really, really nice to have one other than the bag I have been carrying around. I talked to Shay and he showed me his and he loves it and I really liked it, so if you could ask Bonni where she got it and check that one out for me I would really appreciate it!! Also, my acne is terrible haha I don't know if it's just the face wash or just because there's a lot of stress here or what, so I'll try this stuff for another week and see how it goes, but I might need you to send me some of the old stuff that I used before I left. Also I was wondering if you could send me one of my Jordan tennis jackets? Either the cool wind breaker one or just the normal gray one with maroon stripes on the sleeve. Whichever one you think would be better for Norway.

Can't believe I leave in two weeks! We get our travel plans this Friday:) The people who are going to Denmark in our zone got their travel plans this last week, but only ONE of them, out of like 10, got their visas… and they are all getting reassigned this week. So we are all really hoping our visas come! But anyways, that’s all I can think of for now. I will be back on a little later, probably around 1- ish to write the family email or anything else that I forgot to mention. Thanks for everything momma! Love you!

(More...)
2nd email of the day!:) I have had no time adjusting to sleeping. I've never really had sleeping troubles and it has been really nice, since almost everyone else in my district does. haha so ya, that has been fine.   

So when we weighed my bags and they were like 20 pounds under the weight limit, technically does that mean I have 20 more pounds I can take to Norway? Not that I'm planning on taking 20 extra pounds, but I’m just wondering. My departure date is September 30! and we should arrive in Oslo on October 1st,  I think, but we'll see what the deal is when we get travel plans on Friday:) LOVE YOU!

Elder Nilsson

I'll probably be on my email a few more times today haha I don't really have anything until the devotional night so I'll be back to the computers to check and stuff:)

(and MORE!!!)
Min Familie,

Jeg kann ikke tror at jeg har eneste to mer uke om Norge!

I can't believe I only have two more weeks til Norway! I'm starting to get pretty excited, in case you can't tell. We should be getting our travel plans this Friday, so I’m pretty excited for that. It has been a great week. Jeg laerer mye norske hver dag! I learned so much Norwegian every day, and I love it! I have really been trying to focus this last week on taking advantage of all the study time we have here. It's really easy to just mess around, or tell yourself you're going to just take a quick break, and then you end up just wasting time. But I have felt the spirit so much stronger as I've given all my effort to studying. 

Each day is basically the same haha so there aren’t a lot of new events that happen each week. But we played soccer a couple more times for gym this week. We have gym at like 7 in the morning, so the field is really wet, and the last time we played there was a TON of mosquitos, but it's still way fun, and it's so nice to just get out and run around in a big open field! haha I've had to throw away two pairs of socks though, cause they go so wet and dirty… So I might need you to send me some more mom:) We found out last week that all the Scandinavian missions are getting moved to the west campus like the day after we leave, so we just missed that haha but hopefully our visas will come so that we don't get delayed and have to move there for only a few days. 

I have been eating sooo much here! I have never eaten this much at each meal in my life. And I don't even know why, ‘cause it's not that good at all haha I’m just so hungry going into each meal that I can't help it! I forgot to weigh myself this week, but I swear I can feel my face and belly getting a little chubbier. But it might just be me. Hopefully it’s for reals though haha 
 
Got to go to the temple earlier this morning! It was so awesome, as always. When we came back outside it was pretty cloudy, and we could actually see this big storm coming towards us. It wasn't raining at all when we got outside, but we were just like, “Oh boy, this storm looks like it's going to nail us.” So when we were about half way back to the MTC, BOOM! We hit a wall of rain and it just starting coming down so hard all at once; then there was probably one of the loudest cracks of thunder I've ever heard right behind us, so we just started dashing as fast as we could haha it was pretty fun. That's the second downpour we've been caught in while in our suits since we've been here haha but it felt good.
 
Well, not much else this week. I'm so grateful to be a missionary and to represent my Savior Jesus Christ. I was randomly picked to give a talk in sacrament meeting today. They have all of the missionaries prepare 5 minute talks each week and then they pick 2 randomly during sacrament meeting to give theirs. Two Sundays ago, they got up and announced that Elder Nelson was giving a talk, so I didn't know if he just said Nilsson wrong or if he meant Elder Nelson, who is another Elder in my zone. So I looked around for the other elder and couldn't find him and nobody got up for like 10 seconds, so I was like, “Welp, guess I’m talking haha so I bent over and picked up my scriptures, and when I was about halfway to the pulpit I looked up and saw Elder Nelson standing there. Not sure where he came from, but everyone kind of just laughed at me and I went and sat back down haha So I had a very strong feeling they were going to make me talk this week, and sure enough I was right. So I got to give a talk on the Atonement.

Man, I love the Atonement. It's amazing to me to think about the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made. He suffered every sin, pain, temptation, and sorrow that could ever be imagined. And he did it for everyone but himself. He was perfect. He didn't ever sin, which means he didn't have to pay the terrible price and punishment that comes from sin. But the rest of us needed it. We all sin, and all would have to pay the punishment, which is never ending misery. The punishment of just one person’s sins is severe, but Jesus took upon Him the sins and afflictions of EVERY SINGLE PERSON. I can't even imagine how much pain that must have caused. But because He loves us so much, and because our Heavenly Father loves us so much, Jesus paid the price for us. He saved us. And all that he asks and all we must do in return is follow Him. I'm so grateful for my Savior and for His gospel. I've had a couple of really amazing experiences with prayer since I've been here. I know that God is there and that He is listening to us. He knows us and helps us and answers our prayers, very specifically. I love Him and I know He loves me!

i Jesu Kristi navn, amen. Love you all, and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write me! It's much appreciated! Ha det bra!

Eldste Nilsson

P.S. I've heard a lot of awesome quotes here at the MTC. Here's two of my favorites :)

"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I see it, but because by it, I can see everything else."

"Obedience is the price
 Faith is the power
 The spirit is the key
 Christ is the reason
 Love is the motive
 Joy is the reward"

No comments:

Post a Comment