Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Two Weeks Down

Hei Hei min Familie!

Time is going ridiculously fast here. You have no time to think about what time it is or what day it is haha and then before you know it, two weeks have gone by! Each day gets better and better, but at the same time harder and harder. 


Yesterday was the first day where I just felt completely overwhelmed. We were in class and our teacher was giving us a lesson about how to begin teaching a lesson, and it made sense! And then she had us try it. In Norwegian. And I’m just like, holy fetch! I probably couldn't even do it that well in English and there is no way I can put these sentences together in Norwegian and I can't say anything sincerely because every five seconds I have to stop and think about how to say the word I want to say in Norwegian, and it is just tough.. and frustrating. And very VERY humbling. Which is a good thing. It’s unbelievable how much I am learning every day. The language is making more and more sense and I'm able to understand my teacher more and more every day and I'm just trying to remember all this knowledge that I am getting every day! Despite how hard it is, I am having so much fun. I love the guys in my district and all the other guys in the other Norwegian district. They are all way cool and just good guys and obedient missionaries,which helps a lot.

On Sunday night all of the missionaries in my zone that are going to the Netherlands left, and I guess as tradition we got all the missionaries in our zone, which is all the missionaries going to the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, and we all packed into one dorm room. haha it was crazy. Then we all sang Armies of Helaman and God be with you till we meet again. I got serious chills! It was waay cool and then one of the Elders said a closing prayer in Dutch. It's so fun to be with all of these other Elders who are going out to serve the Lord. We really are like the Army of Helaman. It's such a cool feeling.


Like I said, there is so much to learn in the MTC. Every day I realize more and more things I need to do to become more like my Savior. Every day I realize more and more the importance of having charity. If we don't have charity, we really are nothing! There's a scripture in Corinthians where Paul (i think) is just going off on how even if he has the spirit of prophecy, even if he has done all of these amazing things, even if he has faith to move a mountain or to work miracles, and even if he has everything else you could think of, without charity? He says he is nothing. If that doesn't stress the importance of charity then I don't know what does. Same with the verses in Moroni. And Christ set the example!


Last Tuesday at our devotional, Neil L Anderson came! It was so cool! His talk was about love and sacrifice. I don't remember the details, but I took a ton of notes. It was so amazing to have a true apostle of The Lord come and talk to us! After the devotional, they told us to stay in the Marriott center for a little because there was a ton of rain and lightning, so we stayed for about 20 minutes and sang hymns. I love singing hymns with all these missionaries. It seriously is one of my favorite things. And then when we walked back to the MTC, it was POURING. So all of our suits and clothes just got soaked haha but it was fun:)

I can't believe I go to Norway in 4 weeks! But I love it here in the MTC, so it won't be that bad of a wait.

Thanks for all the emails and prayers everyone! I love you guys and I LOVE hearing from all of you!

Kirken er sann! Jeg vet at Jesus Kristus er min frelser! Og jeg er gladi ham!

Hope to hear from you all soon!


Love Eldste Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment