Hello from Oslo!
So I flew away from the magical island of Tromsø, down here to Oslo on Wednesday! My flight got a little delayed, and I ended up not getting to my new apartment until about 11:30, but it was all good. Our apartment is pretty nice too:)
It's been pretty crazy here! Everything is so much more fast paced and crazy being in the city. There is so many people here! Although I live in Nordstrand, we spend most of our time in Oslo. We do a lot of things at the Center for Young Adults here in the city. It's a pretty nice place! It's also been nice living the member dinner life again!! haha the ward here is pretty big, but I'd say there was definitely more people that came to church in Drammen. So far we have just been visiting with a couple of members and trying to get our area organized since me and my companion, Elder Nelson, are both new to the area. Elder Nelson is a cool guy. He likes video game designing, learning other scandinavian languages, and throwing knives haha we got along well! Really though, we do. :)
I don't know about any of you, but I am PUMPED for General Conference coming up in two weeks. I've been reading through some talks from the last conference, and one that I really like is Look Ahead and Believe by Edward Dube. Such a great talk, and a great message. It's helped me a lot, and I have experienced that as I have looked ahead with faith, that I'm always comforted knowing that Heavenly Father is in charge. (Here's a link to my mom's study of the talk if you are interested...)
One of my favorite quotes from the talk is when he says "Faith always points to the future". Go read the talk! Or listen to it, since he has an awesome accent. haha I know that Heavenly Father is a part of all of the details in our lives. He is in charge. This is all HIS work, and as we Look forward with faith, and take action, we will experience the peace and comfort and blessings that come with living the gospel:)
Sorry it's short and I don't have any pictures.. Hope you all have a
great week! The church is true!
Elder Nilsson
Dear Elder Nilsson,
ReplyDeleteYou are one amazing missionary. I love it that we are out at the same time and yet that sounds so weird. Now that I have been out I really wish that my children or at least my boys had served missions. There is nothing that can take the place of such training and all of the experiences that can only be learned while serving the Lord. I love it! I was so sad to hear about you grandfather's passing. You really were so blessed to know and to have awesome grandparents on both sides. I love reading your blog and the cool pictures. Keep up the great work and may God bless and keep you in His tender, loving care.
Love you!
Sister Cassita