Hello one and all!
Another pretty frustrating week this week. Of course there were some good things too. There always is, if you are looking for them:) For some reason we are just having such a hard time setting up appointments with people. In the meantime, we have been finding more and more potentials! I'm confident that the Lord has a plan though, and that He is still preparing these people, and that if we seek His guidance, things will always work out in His own way and His own timing. We only had about 15ish people at church yesterday. Not the best outcome. Get this though. There was a reindeer race going on at the same time as church! Every year, they lay down snow on the main street here in the city; they fence it off, and have a reindeer race!
I guess they have the reindeer pull them on sleds, and then they race! I wanted to see it sooo bad, especially because it was right outside the church, but, church is much more important:) But it was still cool!
My mom asked me if I had had any
dreams about Grandma Haws since she died…and I did, just this week! It was way
sweet actually! I had a dream that I was just sitting down at a table with
Grandma and Grandpa, just us three. And I was just asking them so many
questions about their lives and stuff like that, and we just had an awesome
conversation together! I can't remember all of the details, but I just remember
that it felt so real! I miss her. Can't
wait to see her again:)
Mom asked
me about the question
about the Northern Lights; whether they move or not, since most videos on
youtube are time lapse. Well, most every time I have seen them, it will be a
couple of green ribbons, and then they will slowly fade in and out, not really
any movement, and they change formation slowly and stuff. It wasn't really like
I imagined them, but they were still unbelievable. But the one time that we saw
them last week, it was like a dream, and exceeded anything I had imagined
before. They all of a sudden just got suuuper bright, started changing colors
and moving around in kind of flowing motion. I don't really know how to
describe it. It reminded me a lot of the burning bush scene in the Prince of
Egypt hahaha but it was indescribable.
None of us ever expected to ever see
anything like it, and I don't think it is very common at all. But we were very
blessed:)
One thing that has really stuck out
to me this week is the importance of attitude. With the some of the
circumstances we have had, and I have had in the last little bit, I don't know
if there has been anything more important for me than choosing to have a good
attitude. I always think back to our Nilsson Family Reunion at Island park! I
can't remember the full motto so mom or dad you need to help me out! ("Be There, Play, Make Their Day, and Choose Your Attitude.")But it had
something to do with choosing your attitude. And I remember how awesome that
motto was and how awesome that family reunion was because of it! But seriously,
I love how we always have the option to choose our attitude. We can't always
choose our circumstances, but circumstances don't have to determine our
attitude. We always have a choice to think, act, and be positive. And it makes
all the difference in the world. Go ahead! Try it! Choose a positive attitude sometime
this week or something, even when it feels harder than ever, and you will see!
That's my little challenge to YOU guys this week:)
I'm so grateful for the Gospel. I'm
so grateful that I have a knowledge of the truth. Everyone deserves to have it,
and it is our responsibility to give them that opportunity. I love you all! The
church is true!
Elder Nilsson
No comments:
Post a Comment