Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feb 17



Mine Kjære,

I'll just start off by saying how much I love you all! Thank you so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, and support. I'm so blessed to know the people I do:) 

Eldste Henriksen and I had a really good week! We've been having a lot of fun too, WHILE we are working hard:) I would definitely say I'm taking advantage of him as far as learning the language goes haha I think he gets annoyed sometimes with how many questions I ask him, but hey, you do what you gotta do! 

I've said before that we have been finding quite a few potential investigators, but just haven't been able to meet up with them. Well, we were able to meet up with a couple of them this week! So that was great! The first one was a girl named Nienke, from Holland. I talked to her on the street for about 30 minutes a couple of weeks ago, and she just had so many questions. We gave her mormon.org and lds.org to look up. She is in her 20's and didn't believe in God or anything and believes in evolution and stuff like that. So we met with her, and it turns out that she didn't look at our church website, but looked at wikipedia and a bunch of other sites, so came in with just a bunch of questions that obviously came from anti stuff.  She wasn't really open to anything, but more just met with us from an educational standpoint. So that wasn't that great and we probably won't meet with her any more...

Then we had an appointment with a teenage kid named Ruben. We just found him on the street and he pretty much was just like, sure why not? haha. So we met with him, and gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read and pray, and he basically just said, "you'll never know if you don't try." So it wasn't the most positive response, but it was a start!

Then our other appointment this week was with another guy that we met on the street named Truls. He's 22 and is Norwegian and is a way quite soft spoken guy, but way nice. We met with him on Thursday and taught him about the restoration. He already a belief in God and was baptized and confirmed in the state church when he was little, but didn't go there any more. So we invited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and he said he would, and we set up another appointment with him for next week. The best part though, was after we were done with the lesson and we had said a prayer and everything, he just leaned back on the couch, put his hand on his chest, smiled and said " I feel, like, peace." The Spirit was totally there, and he was totally feeling it. And so was I! So we are very grateful for that, and we are very excited to teach him:)

Some may think it's weird that we are excited over only three lessons in a week, and really it is ridiculous and should be much higher, but it's a few more than we had the first couple of weeks I was here, so we are making progress. 

The Branch President is moving tomorrow, which takes a big toll on the branch, but he had really bad health problems so it was what was best for him and his family. We went over to his house yesterday and he gave us a ton of information about all of the members here, so that was good. There is a senior missionary couple that is coming to Tromsø in April, and I guess the husband will come in and be the next branch president! Having the senior couple is seriously going to help this branch so much, and I can't wait! I hope I'm here still when they get here!

I'm just so grateful that I am a missionary! It's the best calling in the world. I love you all so much! The church is true.

Eldste Nilsson

p.s. I better get some pics of the wedding next week:) Wish I could be there! Congrats Chad and Leanne!

Then just a few other pictures of the euro haircut I went with this week haha. 

I'm cutting it short today, 


but thought it would be fun to give it a try. 



and then me just at my ponder window:)

No comments:

Post a Comment