Monday, February 3, 2014

Feb 3




6 uker til!


At least six more weeks here in Tromsø! And hopefully more. I can't get enough of this place! I saw the sun last Saturday! We were walking down the street, and I looked up and saw sun on the mountains in front of me. So I turned around and BOOM. I was blinded by the light! It felt so good:) 

I will also continue to serve with my Norwegian companion Elder Henriksen. I'm looking forward to it! The amount that I have grown and learned these last four weeks is incomparible to any time on my mission. It's made me really focus and go out of my comfort zone and step it up a bit. It's been night and day, because even though I learned a lot in Drammen, (Elder Weaver was very experienced and worked really hard, and since I was a greenie, a lot of the load he just took upon himself with things like contacting investigators, doing most of the talking on the streets and while out knocking doors, setting up appointments and all the stuff like that), but now that I'm not with Weaver, I've pretty much been forced to learn how to do those things. And I'm so grateful for that. Plus, my Norwegian really is getting so much better with Henriksen as my companion, and I'm trying to take full advantage of that. I haven't even looked in my dictionary once while in Tromsø!   I know that the Lord kept us together for a reason, and I know this will be, and has been an incredible learning experience for me. 

A lot of our appointments for this week fell through again:( But it's not getting us down. We are talking to more and more people every week, and prepared people are out there! 

Not too much else to report this week. With the Branch President's health problems and the fact that they are moving in a few weeks, the branch is kind of in a tough spot right now, but President Pedersen, 1st councilor in the Mission Presidency, came down and they have been working really hard to get this place going. So ya, Tromsø is kind of in a tough spot right now, and it's going to take a lot of work to get it going, but that's what we are here for, and with the Lord's help, I have no doubt that this area will start to grow. It gets me pumped!

Check out this video Jace and Jenna made for me!  hahaha It’s awesome!

I know I said I would stop talking about this but we saw the most INCREDIBLE northern lights ever on Saturday night! Like usually it's just a green ribbon or two across the sky and then hardly move at all. So we were out on top of hill so that we could see them better, and out of NOWHERE they just starting flying everywhere, and they were literally dancing. They turned pink, purple, green, white, you name it! We were freaking out, because we never expected to see Northern LIghts like this! They were incredible! And we totally all just knelt down in the snow and prayed to Heavenly Father and thanked Him for the incredible place that He has given us to live. I could literally feel the Spirit while I was watching these. One of the coolest experiences in my life! And then to top it off, a shooting star flew across the sky, through the northern lights, and lasted about 5 seconds. And I'm not even exaggerating! Norway is the most amazing place on earth!
 

Not really anything else I can think of for this week! Here's a few cool snow sculptures:



Thanks for all of the prayers and emails! I love you all! The church is true.

Eldste Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment