Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 30

Well, my reign with Elder Nathan Duncan will be coming to a close this week.
He is definitely one of my best friends and I was lucky to be able to serve with him for basically three transfers. We learned a lot together and I learned a lot from serving with him! 


I will be staying here in Stavanger, and my new companion is another really good friend of mine, Elder Nathan Allen! He has been living in my apartment as a part of the other companionship for the last 6 weeks, and I also lived with him in Tromsø about a year ago, so we are pretty tight and I am way pumped to serve with him! He's from Salt Lake City and went to Highland High. It's going to be legit. There are two other missionaries who are moving into our apartment. One is Elder Childs, who played on the American Fork basketball team which beat us in the State Tournament (we made amends long ago), and he will be training Elder Broadbent from Orem. So it will be a way awesome transfer here in rainy Stavanger!

We had a great zone conference this week about having a vision, and also having courage. Both are essential in becoming like our Savior. If we want to know what it means to have courage, just take your quad and open up to about any page in the scriptures and you will most likely read about a prophet, apostle, disciple, or ever Christ himself, who showed so much courage in Proclaiming the Gospel and standing for truth and right when all the tides seemed to be against them. It was inspiring conference. 

This is the week of one of my favorite events of the year. This upcoming Saturday and Sunday is General Conference! Don't miss it!

 https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch?lang=eng

Come with questions! 
 
Listen intently and you will receive guidance for what the Lord wants you to do at this time. I know that God has called Prophets and Apostles on the earth in our day and that they hold the priesthood authority of God to lead the church on Earth. And I am extremely grateful for that. I love you all!

Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment