This week was another test of patience and a trial of our faith. Throughout the week we really focused on working diligently no matter the outcome and always trying to be praying along the way and following the spirit. To be honest, nothing really happened the whole week. It was really frustrating (haha) and come Sunday, we had no appointments of any kind after church, which gave us a huge block to go out and try and find at least one person.
It ended up being an amazing day! We found and talked to several people who were interested in meeting and learning more! So many times on my mission Heavenly Father has waited until the end, the last second, the final stretch before he blesses us with someone to teach or anything like that. SO MANY TIMES!
If we hadn't endured to the very end or we had just gone home and given up and found something else to do then we never would have received the blessings. It's hard sometimes though. But I guess that's just how God works sometimes. He just wants us to put that extra effort in and show that faith, and that can make all the difference. Sometimes we can finish something 99 percent and then call it good but don't get the blessings, but if we were to just hold out the last 1 percent, that's when it happens!
That's my experience at least. It's been good to think about that principle for me since I'm so close to the end. It's given me more motivation and strength to not let up.
This week will be a good one! I'll be travelling back to Kristiansund for the first time since I left almost a year ago!
I have a testimony that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. It's my own testimony and it seems to grow stronger every day. I'm very grateful for everything I have been learning as a missionary. It's been an enormous blessing!
Love,
Elder Nilsson


No comments:
Post a Comment