Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 6

This was a week filled with the ups and downs and roller coaster rides of life.
Things have unfortunately seemed to slow down a bit because of summer. Members all go on vacation, investigators decide to take a break or they go on vacation, all Norwegians flee to their cabins and the streets die down a little bit. But sånn er det!! The work always goes on. God doesn't take summer vacations from helping us, so we can't take summer vacations when it comes to helping him and living worthily of his spirit!
On Thursday we flew down to Oslo for MLC with President Hill. It was a great meeting and it was awesome to get to know him better. I have no doubt that God has called him to lead this mission right now. I also love those meetings because I get to see so many of my old companions! Elder Duncan, Elder Allen, Elder Vause, Elder Skøien, and Elder Jones from my MTC group were all there. I love those guys so much! And everyone else.

The worst part about the whole ordeal was that we had to wake up at 3:30 that morning in order to catch our flight, and then our flight that night which was
originally scheduled to leave at 7:30 ended up getting delayed a few hours, and we didn't get home until about midnight, so we were pretty tired. I know it doesn't sound that bad for some people, but when you get into such a regular sleeping schedule of 10:30pm to 6:30 pm, and then go away from it, you get wrecked!

In addition to that one of the Elders in our apartment got super sick so we had to take shifts staying home with him; And just had a rough week of finding. But I'm grateful for the spirit which has helped keep our spirits up despite the opposition.

I know the church is true! I know it with all my heart. I cherish the experiences I've been able to have as a missionary in Norway and I look forward to having a few more before my time is up. I love this country, I love these people, and I love the gospel which has always given me so much hope and happiness in my life. I also love my family. I'm SO pumped to see everyone again and meet all my new family members as well!

Gud vær med deg til vi sees igjen!
Love,
Elder Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment